Monday, May 30, 2011

Batemans Bay 2 of 3

Sunday morning we went to a scenic overlook


What a good helper


Then we went to Birdland - a small zoo with an emphasis on birds and native Australian animals.

Tons of peacocks roamed freely


Lots of pretty birds - but they were too small and too high for Emily (or Ethan) to see...so we didn't focus much on the birds.


Wallabies


We went for a ride on their little train around the park. Emily loved the bell

They let the kids play on the train


We saw koalas - close up!


Some of the animals were in a separate area because they were being rehabilitated to be released to the wild. Emily had a nice chat with him.


Looking at this photo made me feel sick...I kept thinking to myself "it's just a heavy scarf". Chris had Ethan in the ergo so I took Em up to touch the snake.


We got to pet a Wombat


Silly girl


She loved feeding the peacocks...


But she loved feeding the Kangaroos more!! I have 598 pictures of us with the roos...it was hard to just pick a few!


There were a whole bunch of them


Ready for a snack!








After naps that day we went down to another beach.

Playground on the beach!


Happy guy at the end of the day!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness. Emily surrounded by kangaroos!!! Unbelievable. Most amazing adventure ever.

Shirley said...

They say that kangaroos are like deer, but you would never see a little girl around that many deer safely! That picture is AWESOME. What a fun memory she will have. :) Oh and if you have time, can you message me what carriers you have? If you don't I will message you. I love how you carry your babies. :)