Wednesday, July 14, 2010

adios Crib!

We're so excited that Emily has said "adios" to her crib, and is now sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor in her new room! Time to get the crib and nursery ready for Mr. Baby!

The transition has gone better than we could have ever hoped for. She's doing such a great job, and we're so proud of her! The funny thing is once she wakes up, she will sit on the mattress and wait for someone to come get her (like she did when she was in her crib). She hasn't really figured out that she can get off the mattress before we come in to get her. I'm sure this will come in time. But it's pretty cute that she wont get up until we come into the room.

She will eventually end up using my bed from when I was growing up. It's a 4 post canopy bed that will (eventually) have curtains in a proper princess-style :). It even has a heart carved out of the headboard.

I have to admit, Chris and I have had a couple "I can't believe our baby is sleeping on a twin mattress" conversations. This is one of those times where you realize how quickly they grow up.

Here's the big girl right before she went to sleep in the new bed for the first time!

No comments: